Table of Contents
- 1 Finding the best pest control solution
- 2 Goodnature A24 rodent trap review summary
- 3 Who manufactures the A24 rat trap?
- 4 What are the benefits of using this trap?
- 5 How does the A24 rat trap work?
- 6 Why the Goodnature A24 trap is better than the competition
- 7 What could be improved
- 8 Is the Goodnature A24 rat trap worth the money?
The sound of rats scratching is synonymous with fingernails being scraped down a blackboard and is enough to put anyone on edge. But when you catch sight of a rat scampering brazenly around your property, you know it's time to act.
Rats are our non-native foes, known for spreading disease and destruction wherever they may go. Happy to dine out in your kitchen and curl up by your hot water pipes, once they find a way in, it's difficult to get them out. But which method of rat control do you choose to use to get the job done? I have recently discovered the Goodnature A24 rat trap, which I believe is the ultimate pest control device.
- Outdoor Mouse Trap Kit - Goodnature’s Outdoor Trapping Kit contains an A24 rat trap & mouse trap, an A24 tree mount, a digital strike counter, an automatic lure pump, 6 lure tasters, a CO2 canister, and an easy to follow quick start guide; A rat killer and a hassle-free way to get rid of outdoor mice and rats
- Safe for Home & Garden - Our quick-kill rat and mouse trap is safe for the family and your pets; The A24 dispatches rodents without the use of nasty chemicals with rat bait stations, needless suffering, or having to continuously check your traps, giving you constant control with a rodent bait station
- Good Nature A24 rat trap Automatic Quick Kill System - The automatic outdoor trapping kit resets itself 24 times per CO2 canister, allowing you to fully harness the power of our mouse trap; Install the rat & mouse trap in a strategic area of your outdoor space and stop losing sleep over those nasty rodents
- Durable Design - Our outdoor rat trap & mousetrap kits are easy to set up; Built with high-quality materials that are meant to last the tough outdoor conditions of the wild
- About Us - Goodnature products are meant to help you get rid of pests - rats and mice for starters - in an efficient, quick and easy way; Our products help you get rid of nasty pests in a kindly manner, without using dangerous toxins for your pets and home animals
Last update on 2023-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Finding the best pest control solution
Bait boxes are a good option in areas that are safely away from other wildlife, however, rodenticides are expensive, controversial and in some states heavily regulated. I also find that if the bait is left out for too long it goes moldy, gets eaten by insects, and is often untouched by rodents themselves.
Snap traps offer a cheap option for those looking to get rid of rats, but are labor-intensive to reset and clean, and come with the risk to human hands and other animals inadvertently being hurt.
Electronic rat traps are great in that they administer a quick and instant death and leave you will no mess to clear up. However, they can only be used in certain situations as they are limited to indoor use and clement conditions.
Therefore, in my quest to find a more humane form of pest control that required little maintenance and could withstand all forms of weather, I found the Goodnature A24 trap (Amazon), the perfect adversary for any rat.
Goodnature A24 rodent trap review summary
As someone who had always favored electronic traps over other methods, I was keen to try out this new type of gas-powered rat trap as soon as it came to market. Developed in New Zealand, the Goodnature A24 has been activated in the most rigorous of environments – including Mt Taranaki and Egmont National Park. Designed to kill rats whilst protecting the surrounding wildlife from harm, these gas-powered, humane rodent traps certainly mean business when it comes to pest control.
Created as a device to humanely eradicate rodents with a CO-powered trigger, its flavored bait lures the rat into the trap where the rat is killed instantly without having to experience a long and drawn-out death. Upon depositing the rat, the trap simply resets itself, ready to take care of its next rodent victim.
This trap certainly packs a punch with both its CO trigger shot and its expensive price tag, but trust me, the benefits far outweigh the outlay. Read my review below to find out why this trap is perfect for ridding your property of these pesky pests.
Who manufactures the A24 rat trap?
This nontoxic rodent trap is manufactured by a company called Goodnature New Zealand, which works in partnership with the Department of Conservation. Their mission is to provide pragmatic solutions to combat environmental problems, through the design and production of automatic traps, that humanely kill pests such as rats.
What are the benefits of using this trap?
These self-resetting traps are easy to set up and maintain and can be left for months without constant monitoring. Made from waterproof materials, they can be placed outdoors in the wide-open bush, enclosed backyard, or indoors around your property.
How does the A24 rat trap work?
This intuitive trap works by persuading the rat to come and peek inside thanks to its long-life chocolate lure, designed and tested by specialists who have created the ultimate attractant. This sweet-smelling, stable paste contains no toxins, so you can rest assured knowing that any native wildlife or pets are not in danger of harm. Supplied with around 6 months' worth of bait, you simply load it up and leave it to work its charm.
Once a rat pops its inquisitive head up inside the trap, a COâ‚‚ pressurized piston is fired, killing it upon impact and ensuring that the rat has a pain-free, quick death. Upon falling from the trap, the A24 automatically resets in anticipation for its next rodent victim and provides you with an up-to-date “hit counter”. Able to reset up to 24 times per CO canister, and with 2 included in your purchase, this product provides good value for money.
Another benefit of the non-toxic Goodnature A24 trap, is that if you are using it outdoors, far away from your property, you can let the circle of life resume without worrying about the effects of secondary poisoning or getting your hands dirty.
Why the Goodnature A24 trap is better than the competition
- Self-resetting technology
- Hit counter so you know how many rats you have caught
- Easy to install and maintain
- Contains no toxins
- Long-life lures that appeal to rats
- Targeted and humane kill
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
What could be improved
Rats have discerning tastes, and so it would be good if the Goodnature A24 rat trap came with a variety of different bait flavors, rather than just chocolate. I had one client whose rats weren't interested until I swapped out the standard lure for some sticky peanut butter.
For a product that is pretty simple to use, I found the instruction manual perplexing and could, in reality, be scaled down. Don't be put off by this though, once you have it set up, you can leave it to do its thing.
Is the Goodnature A24 rat trap worth the money?
This rodent trap is worth every dollar, especially when you compare it to the cost of expert exterminators or more labor-intensive solutions. These rodent traps are designed to be baited with a long-lasting lure and can be left set out in the elements for months without servicing. On top of that, they actually work.
Related: How to get rid of rats fast