Table of Contents
- 1 TOP 5 Best Mosquito Repellent Bracelets Reviews
- 2 Buyerâ€™s Guide for Best Mosquito Repellent Bracelets
Dealing with mosquitos when youâ€™re on vacation can be a real pain, both literally and figuratively! Irritating, itchy bites all over your body can really take away from the holiday-spirit and instead of kicking back by the pool with a cooling drink, you can often find yourself hiding in your room as you try to avoid getting bitten.
Of course, there are mosquito sprays available that work wonders when it comes to keeping these pests away, but they are only effective for a certain amount of time. What happens if youâ€™re out and about exploring a beautiful beach, and youâ€™ve suddenly remembered that youâ€™ve left your mosquito spray back in your room?
This is where mosquito repellent bracelets can come to the rescue! Keep one on your body at all times and youâ€™re almost guaranteed to be bite-free all day long. Theyâ€™re also a fantastic way of protecting your children from mosquitos and their fun, colorful appearance makes them a lot more appealing than a sticky, smelly spray.
With so many mosquito bracelets available to choose from, though, how do you know which is the best for you and your family? Fear not – weâ€™ve done the hard work for you.
Below, weâ€™ve compiled a list of five of the best mosquito repellent bracelets along with a useful buying guide thatâ€™s full of information on what to look out for when youâ€™re shopping for one.
Grab a seat, carry on reading, and letâ€™s begin!
In a hurry and need some great mosquito bracelets as soon as possible? Check out our top pick below.
TOP 5 Best Mosquito Repellent Bracelets Reviews
- DEET FREE, MADE WITH ESSENTIAL OILS – Our repellent bracelets are made with essential oils: Geraniol Oil, Lemongrass Oil and Citronella Oil. Essential oils have been found to repel mosquitoes.
- 10 RESEALABLE BAGS – Each mosquito repellent bracelet is individually wrapped in a resealable bag, keeping it fresh and increase the life span.
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL – Cliganic repellent bracelets are fully adjustable, stretchy and easily fits.
- PERFECT FOR OUTDOOR, WATERPROOF – Best for indoor, outdoor and travel. Keep it together with your picnic backpack accessories. Enjoy the outdoors without worrying about pesky mosquito bites. This mosquitoes repellent band is waterproof.
- CLIGANIC 90 DAYS WARRANTY, RISK FREE – no hassles, no questions, if you are not completely satisfied - simply return the item for a full refund.
Last update on 2021-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Created using a blend of natural oils including lemongrass oil and citronella, the Mosquito Repellent Bracelets from Cliganic are the ideal choice for keeping mosquitoes at bay without resorting to harmful or strong-smelling chemicals.
One pack contains 10 bracelets, so they are a good choice for a large family going on vacation, and each one comes with its own resealable pouch to help keep it fresh and prolong its lifespan when youâ€™re not wearing it.
These mosquito bracelets also waterproof, so they can be worn in the pool or in the ocean without losing any of their effectiveness. They have also been designed with a â€˜one size fits allâ€™ approach and can be stretched and contracted to fit all different wrist sizes.
They are also vegan, cruelty-free, and come complete with a 90-day money-back guarantee, so if you arenâ€™t completely satisfied you can return them for a full refund.
- Created using a blend of essential oils that repel mosquitos without using any chemicals
- Comes as a pack of 10 bracelets, making them perfect for a family vacation
- Each bracelet has its own resealable pouch to keep it fresh when not in use
- Totally waterproof so can be worn confidently in the pool or in the ocean
- Vegan, cruelty-free, and come with a 90-day money-back guarantee
- Whilst one bracelet is usually fine for children, adults may want to wear one around the ankle as well to prevent bites on their legs
BuggyBands Pack of 12 Mosquito Repellent Bracelets
Constructed using high-quality EVA materials, these Mosquito Repellent Bracelets arenâ€™t only fantastic for keeping biting insects away but are also highly durable and comfortable to wear. They have a multipurpose design too and can be worn around the wrist, ankle, or can even be used to tie up your hair.
Each bracelet in this pack of 12 is brightly colored which makes them appealing to children and helps provide extra mosquito protection without the tears and tantrums that applying spray can induce. Their bright coloring also makes them much easier to find if one were to become accidentally misplaced.
The repellent formula incorporated into the construction of these bracelets is 100% natural and uses ingredients such as citronella, lemongrass, chamomile, and lavender to help keep mosquitos away. This also gives the bracelets a pleasant scent that isnâ€™t too overpowering or chemical-like.
These mosquito repellent bracelets are waterproof too and will continue to work effectively when worn when swimming, allowing you to spend more time enjoying your holiday and less time worrying about getting bitten.
- Constructed using EVA materials which makes them both highly durable and comfortable to wear
- Can be worn in a variety of ways including around the wrist, ankle, or even to tie your back
- Comes as a pack of 12, each of which is brightly colored and appealing to children
- Uses 100% natural ingredients including lemongrass, citronella, and lavender, which also gives them a gorgeous scent
- These bracelets are waterproof and can be worn when swimming without losing any of their repellent-properties
- Some customers found that, although these bracelets worked well, they were most effective when paired with a mosquito spray
- Citronella Scented
- Assorted Packaging May Vary
- Easy to Use
- Sold in Resealable Bag
Last update on 2021-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
These Citronella Coil Wristbands from PIC come as a pack of 10, with each bracelet housed in its own resealable package to help keep it fresher for longer when not in use. They are really comfortable to wear as well and are designed in a â€˜one size fits allâ€™ style, making them ideal for family use.
The bright colors and coil design are highly appealing to children, so there will be less drama when it comes to persuading your little one to wear one. Each bracelet also provides up to 200 hours of protection, so you wonâ€™t have to worry about changing them too regularly and theyâ€™ll save you money.
They are infused with citronella oil, which mosquitos absolutely hate, so theyâ€™ll work wonders at keeping them away. This natural oil also gives them a delicate, floral fragrance that isnâ€™t overpowering and that you wonâ€™t mind carrying with you all day.
- A pack of 10 wristbands each in its own resealable packet for extra protection
- Brightly colored and comfortable to wear whilst remaining highly durable
- Each bracelet provides up to 200 hours of protection against mosquito bites
- Designed in a â€˜one size fits allâ€™ style that makes them ideal for family use
- Infused with natural citronella oil that repels mosquitos and has a beautiful fragrance
- These bracelets are not waterproof and therefore donâ€™t guarantee protection from bites when worn in a pool
No products found.
If youâ€™re not a fan of plastic-looking bracelets or want something that looks a little more mature, then this Insect & Bug Repellent Wristband from Paraâ€™Kito could be exactly what youâ€™re looking for. Available in a huge range of colors and patterns, they are appealing to both children and adults alike.
They work by using specially designed essential oil pellets which can be easily inserted into the wristband, where it will provide up to 15 days of protection. Each bracelet comes with two pellets, giving you a total of up to 30 days of protection from a single purchase and providing excellent value for money.
These mosquito repellent bracelets are 100% waterproof too, so you wonâ€™t have to worry about them losing any of their effectiveness when worn in a pool or swimming in the ocean. A hook and loop fitting system means that they can be easily adjusted for comfort as well, and their Neopreneâ„¢ construction makes them both lightweight and durable.
Completely free of any harmful chemicals or toxic ingredients, the pellets used in these products contain only the best essential oils and are amazing at repelling mosquitos. They are also totally cruelty-free, paraben-free, and have been dermatologically tested to ensure they wonâ€™t cause any irritation even against the most sensitive skin.
- A great alternative to plastic bracelets and available in a wide range of colors and patterns
- Designed to work with special essential oil-filled pellets that repel mosquitoes and other biting insects
- There are two pellets provided with each bracelet and they provide a total of 30 days of protection
- Totally waterproof so can be worn when swimming or showering
- Cruelty-free, paraben-free, and dermatologically tested making them ideal for people with sensitive skin
- These bracelets generally only fit a child up to the age of 7 so arenâ€™t the best choice for older kids or adults
No products found.
No products found.
Available to purchase in both adults and kids sizes, these Natural Mosquito Repellent Wristbands from Mosquitno can be worn for all kinds of outdoor activities including camping, hiking, and even swimming without losing any of their repelling-power.
Each pack contains five wrist bands, giving you more bang for your buck and making them an ideal choice for larger families. They are also available in a variety of color combinations adding to their fun and making them more appealing to children.
Amongst their all-natural formula is citronella oil which is renowned for repelling mosquitos whilst being kind to the skin, so you wonâ€™t have to worry about these bracelets causing any skin irritation. Citronella oil is also beautifully scented too and will provide you with a lovely fragrance all day long.
Each bracelet provides up to 120 hours of protection so thereâ€™s no need to change them too regularly. They also each have their own resealable pouch so they can be kept safe and fresh when they arenâ€™t being worn.
- Available in both kids and adult sizes as well as a range of color combinations
- Comes as a pack of five wristbands giving you extra value for money
- Infused with citronella oil to repel mosquitoes and provide a lovely, floral fragrance
- Each bracelet gives up to 120 hours of protection against mosquitoes and other biting insects
- Also includes individual, resealableÂ bracelet pouches to keep them fresh when not in use
- The sizing can be fairly subjective, so itâ€™s worth checking the measurement chart before ordering
No products found.
Buyerâ€™s Guide for Best Mosquito Repellent Bracelets
Mosquito repellent bracelets are a great way of ensuring both yourself and your family are well protected from those itchy, irritating bites that weâ€™re all too familiar with. They are also a great accessory for the more absent-minded and will help protect you from biting insects even when youâ€™ve forgotten to apply your usual mosquito spray.
As with all accessories, however, mosquito repellent bracelets come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and some even have extra features that help to add to their effectiveness. So itâ€™s important to think carefully about which bracelet is best for your familyâ€™s needs.
Below, weâ€™ve highlighted some points to bear in mind before you make your final decision. These will help you find the best mosquito repellent bracelets possible the first time around and give you extra peace of mind that youâ€™re well protected no matter what activities your vacation brings.
The first thing you might want to give some thought to is how many mosquito repellent bracelets you need. This will come down to how many people are in your family, how long youâ€™re going away for, and how long each bracelet lasts. Put simply, the larger your family the larger the pack of bracelets you need.
Most bracelets come in multi-packs and usually contain between 5-10 per pack. This doesnâ€™t only give you the opportunity to provide extra bracelets if one were to accidentally break or get lost, but also gives you extra value for money, allowing you to keep some for your next vacation.
Another important thing to look out for when youâ€™re buying mosquito repellent bracelets is how many days or hours each bracelet offers protection for. Environmental factors such as swimming, exposure to oxygen, and general wear and tear will all cause a bracelet to lose its potency over time.
The lifespan of each bracelet tends to vary from brand to brand, with some lasting just a few days before they need to be replaced, and others giving you up to 30 days of protection. So, think about how long youâ€™re going away for and add the lifespan of each bracelet into the equation when youâ€™re figuring out how many you need.
One really good feature that a lot of bracelets come with is resealable pouches. This is great because each bracelet can be stored away safely in its own designated pouch to keep it fresh when itâ€™s not being worn, adding to its effectiveness and prolonging its lifespan. These pouches are also a good way to prevent bracelets from getting lost when theyâ€™re not being worn.
There are a couple of options to choose from when youâ€™re looking at the material your potential mosquito repellent bracelets are made from. The most common of these is plastic, usually EVA (Ethylene-vinyl acetate), and these are highly durable whilst having amazing flexibility.
These make a good choice because they are more likely to fit a variety of differently sized wrists, so you wonâ€™t have to worry about finding sizes specifically for adults and children. Their flexibility and design also allows you to wear the bracelet in a variety of ways. This can be around the wrist, around the ankle, or even as a hair tie,
Another common material used for making mosquito bracelets is Neopreneâ„¢. This is a tough, nylon fabric that can take a real beating without showing any signs of damage, making them ideal for active children. They are, however, less flexible than their plastic alternatives, but their strength makes them far less easy to break or stretch out of shape.
A mosquito bracelet is only as effective as the repellent coating that it has had applied to it. So, with that in mind, take a moment to look at the ingredients used in the repellent formula and make sure they are effective against mosquitos whilst remaining kind to your skin.
Essential oils are the best for this. Look for bracelets that contain citronella, lavender, cedar oil, chamomile, or lemongrass. Mosquitos hate these and will avoid them at all costs. However, their all-natural formulation means that they wonâ€™t cause any irritation, even to the most sensitive skin.
One of the most appealing things about going on vacation is getting to jump into a swimming pool or go for a cooling dip in the ocean. However, bodies of water and mosquitos go hand in hand, so itâ€™s important that your chosen repellent bracelet is waterproof too.
Itâ€™s not so much the material that you need to worry about here as most bracelets will be tough enough to be worn in the water. Itâ€™s the repellent coating that you need to pay attention to. Again, itâ€™s essential oils that are the best to go for here.
This is because oil and water donâ€™t sit together, so there is much less of a risk of the oils washing away when worn in a pool.
Colors & Styles
Finally, take a look at the variety of colors and styles available to you when youâ€™re shopping for a mosquito repellent bracelet. It may not seem like an overly important thing, however, the more colorful and appealing it is to a child the less of a hard time youâ€™ll have when it comes to convincing them to wear it.
You can even include your children in the shopping process and ask them which bracelet theyâ€™d like. That way youâ€™re almost guaranteed theyâ€™ll happily wear it, whilst being able to rest assured that they are protected from the irritating bite of a mosquito.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a mosquito repellent bracelet?
A mosquito repellent bracelet is an accessory that can be worn around the wrist or ankle and is infused with mosquito-repelling ingredients, such as certain essential oils.
They are often worn as extra protection on vacation and are a great way to help protect young children from mosquito bites.
Do I need to use mosquito spray if Iâ€™m wearing a mosquito repellent bracelet?Â
Whilst mosquito bracelets are a great addition to your arsenal of repellents, they are even more effective when accompanied by mosquito spray.
They are not a final solution and so itâ€™s recommended that you still continue to use mosquito spray as usual even when youâ€™re wearing a mosquito repellent bracelet.